Edexcel BTEC Level 3 in IT
Welcome to BTEC Level 3 IN INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY
The training courses/qualifications offered in BTEC Level 3 IN INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in IT (QCF)
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT (QCF)
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in IT (QCF)
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (QCF)
* Guided Learning Hour
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Information Technology (Specialist) (QCF)
Qualification credit value: a minimum of 60 credits. Minimum credit to be achieved at, or above, the level of the qualification: 40 credits. All credits must be achieved from the units listed in this specification.
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Information Technology (Specialist) (QCF)
Qualification credit value: a minimum of 90 credits. Minimum credit to be achieved at, or above, the level of the qualification: 46 credits. All credits must be achieved from the units listed in this specification.
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Information Technology (Specialist) (QCF)
The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Information Technology (Specialist) (QCF) is a 30 credit and a minimum of 180 guided learning hours (GLH) qualification that consists of optional units alone (where at least 20 credits must be at Level 3 or above).
Who these courses are for?
- Those who are interested to specialize in IT and get internationally recognized degree certification
- Young people who, for some reason, could not complete their higher secondary education or even if they had completed it but could not go for higher education and are unemployed but are willing to be trained in professional/ vocational areas of IT so as to be able to get jobs in IT industries abroad or in Nepal
- Those who have entered into the job market after having Higher Secondary Education (10+2) and want work place progression or further education progression
- Develops transferable skills for the workplace or for future studies
- Provides opportunities to progress onto higher education for Bachelor Degree in Computing or related subjects
- Provides platform to achieve specialist skills essential for successful performance in working life
- Increases employability or to progress towards academic degree
- Pearson BTEC qualification are recognized over 80 countries worldwide
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to 1A Level (6 Units)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma is equivalent to 2A Level (12 Units)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3A Level (18 Units)
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (Business)
The Diploma in information technology and business aims to equip students with a strong foundation in IT and business processes to implement IT Enterprise Solutions to achieve business goals. We want to develop IT professionals who are innovative and enterprising, life-long learners, critical thinkers and socially responsible global citizens.
In today’s new digital economy, companies find an increasing need to invest in technological capabilities to remain successful in business.Business Analytics and Social Media Listening play an increasingly important role in helping businesses analyze their performance and devise business strategies. Possessing an entrepreneurial mindset is also crucial to succeed in today’s business world.
SNC provides you a strong foundation in the areas of Social Media, Business Analytics, Web and Mobile Apps Development, and Technology Entrepreneurship to create business success!
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Students for careers in hybrid environments where business information systems are increasingly integrated, encompassing a wide range of enabling technologies and cross organizational, social, national and international boundaries.
- Students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of both business and information technology disciplines in a commercial and organizational context.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in technology and industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability.
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma in IT (Networking and System Support)
Over the period of two years you will study 18 units of the Extended Diploma made up of eight mandatory units, nine optional units and one specialist unit.
- Communication and Employability Skills for IT
- Computer Systems
- Information Systems
- Managing Networks
- Computer Networks
- Communication Technologies
- IT Technical Support
- IT Systems Troubleshooting and Repair
- Impact of the Use of IT on Business Systems
- Controlling Systems Using IT
- Maintaining Computer Systems
- Website Production
- Installing and Upgrading Software
- Digital Graphics
- Computer Animation
- Networked Systems Security
- Spreadsheet Modelling
Students are taken to different potential software companies of Nepal, whith whom Sagarmatha National
How will I be assessed?
You will complete projects and assignments for each unit and receive feedback from your tutor. Each of the units will be graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction and these results will be used to calculate your final grade. The final grades range from Triple Pass, the equivalent to three A Levels at grade E, to Triple Distinction*, the equivalent to three A Levels at grade A*.
In the second year of the course there will be an opportunity for students to participate in work experience. We encourage students to partake in work experience to gain industry experience and improve their job prospects and CV. College will be responsible for finding placements.
What could it lead to?
This qualification is valued and respected by both employers and higher education institutions. Students can progress into careers in many IT disciplines such as desktop support, network support, network management and web design. This course will also provide the opportunity to develop a portfolio of achievement to support your application to higher education or employment in the IT industry.
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma in IT (Software Development)
This course is designed to provide the underpinning knowledge and skills for IT Practitioners who are employed or wish to be employed in a variety of types of IT-based and technical work in Software Development.
If you're a creative thinker and enjoy problem solving then this cutting edge Diploma is for you, and will place you on the fast track to the mind-blowing world of Information Technology. Modules which include programming, web development, systems analysis and database design will ensure that you are equipped with versatile skills and knowledge to take your steps into an environment of programme and solution development, thereby creating a wealth of opportunities for yourself. The Diploma in Information Technology in Software Development provides a combination of fundamental business related skills and IT programming-specific competencies, equipping the learner with the baseline knowledge to function effectively in the IT programming environment.
Subjects studied over two years include:
(Units subject to variation)
- Communication & Employability Skills for IT
- Computer Systems
- Information Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Software Design and Development
- Event Driven Programming
- Project Planning with IT
- Database Design
- Advanced Spreadsheet Skills
- Website Production and Management
- Digital Graphics and Computers
- Client Side Customisation of Web Pages
- Data Analysis and Design
- Procedural Programming
- Organisational Systems Security
- Web Server Scripting
- E-Commerce(Units subject to variation)
- Object Oriented Programming
Students will also study for a Functional Skill in maths which help develop the learner, widen their knowledge and ensure the learning experience is diverse and exciting.
WHO IS THIS DIPLOMA AIMED AT?
Individuals who are suited to the software development industry should fit the following profile in terms of personality traits, interests and abilities: interested in computer programming and development of solutions, have a strength in problem-solving, be a clear and logical thinker, have a technical and mathematical inclination, an ability to concentrate, be methodical and persistent, and an ability to put information into a logical sequence. If you have these analytical skills then this qualification will speak to you. This Diploma provides a combination of sound academic knowledge and practical skills required to be able to enter into the dynamic world of software development. The qualification offers the student a comprehensive understanding of systems and programming focusing on extensive application of skills and knowledge in computerised and programming environments. Ingenuity and creativity are particularly important as well as the ability to work with abstract concepts and technical analysis.
HOW IS THIS DIPLOMA STRUCTURED AT SNC?
The Diploma in Information Technology in Software Development is run over 18 months and consists of 18 modules and includes Work Integrated Learning and the Work Readiness Programme.. In addition to attending lectures you will be expected to spend time conducting your own research and working on assignments.
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I OBTAIN?
When you graduate, you will receive the Diploma in Information Technology in Software Development conferred by The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE).
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: WHAT CAREER AREAS CAN I PURSUE AFTER I HAVE COMPLETED THIS DIPLOMA?
- Software Development
- Computer System Analysis
- Computer Programming
- Mobile Application Development
- Database Information System Support
- Web Development
- Project Management
Click to see BTEC Universities All Around World http://www.snc.edu.np/pages/btec-universities-3/42